Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Grass is Always Greener...

Today was supposed to be Wordless Wednesday, but I thought of something to say....


A few months ago I was sitting at home, bored out of my mind. I couldn’t do anything. I couldn’t even read due to issues with my eyes. TV was my only companion for months. I would sleep late, get up, watch tv, nap, watch tv, eat dinner, watch tv and go to bed early. I was going crazy. Part of the time I was not feeling well, so the sleep was welcome, but it was a tough time.

Now I am back to work. Up early. Out the door. Running, running, running. The beginning of the school year is always chaotic for tech. So much to do to get us up and running. I have no time to breath. No time to even go to the bathroom. I go home exhausted and cranky. Some nights it’s a struggle to make dinner, so I give in and we buy Chipotle or Subway.

When I was on the couch I longed for activity, stimulation. Now when I am back to work I long for the couch. Don’t get me wrong, I am very thankful I have been able to return to work and I am doing well. But gee whiz, I’d sure like a nap!

The grass is always greener!



No comments:

Post a Comment