Wednesday, September 26, 2012

They come in threes...


This beautiful bird, well not THIS one, but one like it, crashed into our patio doors on Saturday. Don't ask me why - I don't even wash my windows....

I guess it was a combination of the time of day and light reflection on the glass. Otherwise, what was this Cedar Waxwing trying to do? I mean, if there is no reflection it should clearly see a wall beyond that glass.I felt horrible tho. It probably broke it's neck and it lay there injured and shaking. I had to go get my husband to take care of it.



And then, today I look out my window at school and there is an injured squirrel. I don't know what was wrong. Maybe it fell out of a tree? At first I thought it was dead, as did another squirrel who gingerly walked up to it. It took off, made it to the base of the tree and rested against it vertically for about five minutes. Then it took off for about 5 yards and took another rest break. It was all over the place for about an hour doing this. Sometimes at the base of a tree, sometimes in the open grass. It would lay absolutely still and rest while the breeze ruffled it's furry tail. I don't know what happened to him, or if he survived. Maybe he was just old?

So what will the third animal be? I'm almost afraid to drive home for fear I'll hit something....

No comments:

Post a Comment